Thursday, April 17, 2008

Noro sock, conjoined creations and organic cotton

Ok, I tried..I'd love to post the new yarn because somehow there is something lost in not seeing the colors. Let's see how good I can be at description. Just in yesturday was the 'Sky' organic cotton from Tahki. I'm not a real organic kind of person, though I appreciate the reason for it and I respect those that can make it a 'way of life'. I now have the yarn for you. Sky is a lovely cotton with subltle natural tones in cream, blue and pink (so far) It has a braided strand that I'm sure will make the knitters happy that don't like the cotton that is twisted threads and can get caught in your needle. That won't happen with this. "Sky" is a certified organic. I don't know all the particulars but it's a good thing for all the naturalists out there. There is pattern support for this yarn. I have the Plymouth organic cotton as well in natural colors, no dyes. Nice!
I think this week has been a 8 on the excitement scale for getting in new yarn! I have been waiting for the Noro sock yarn and the conjoined Creations flats and both have arrived. I had a conference Monday and Tueday and was able to knit, thank goodness! I started a pair of socks in the Conjoined Creations, How cool is this stuff! The colors are great and the idea of not knowing what the sock is going to look like keeps you knitting faster and faster. ( I hope I didn't distract the speaker) I got a really cool pair of muted pink socks with light green and cream running thru.

No comments: