Saturday, January 5, 2008

Sad news

Sorry for the delay in posting. It was a busy holiday season both in the shop (Good) and at home. I have noticed lots of new customers in the shop in the last couple of weeks and I welcome everyone to our shop and hope we can be of service. I have had an emotional past 2 weeks. The day after Christmas my friend and co-worker Linda lost her fight with the cancer beast. She was only 48. All I can say is that she was one of the most wonderful, selfless, beautiful people that I've ever had the priveledge knowing. She was bright, smart and giving. Her smile was one I'll never forget. The Linda bag was designed for her Christmas gift. I would like to get some input as to how to best serve her memory with this pattern. Possibly giving some of the proceeds of the pattern sale to the Oncology unit at DKH or something like that. I'm open to suggestions. Let me know what you think.
On another sort of sad note...my neighbor and landlord, is closing his family business after 53 years. I'm happy that he has the opportunity to spend more time with his family and grandchildren but also sad because the big box store has struck again and the little guy is left with little choice but to close. I know he will be missed, I will miss being able to run next door for my office supplies and seeing people i know.

No comments: