We are calling it the Outstanding Hat Challenge and this is why:
We want you to design an outstanding hat that will knock our knitted socks off! Adult hats, baby hats, fitted hats, floppy hats, fair isled hats, traditional hats, funky hats.......get the idea? We want hats!! Let your imagination soar and see what you come up with! Here's an example of what Jen's nimble fingers created when she put her creativity to the test!
THE BABY CORN HAT
Cutest little hat, ever, isn't it? Have we spiked your interest yet? Good! Here are the rules!
OFFICIAL RULES FOR THE OUTSTANDING HAT CHALLENGE
1) The yarn used for the challenge must be purchased at Woolworks. You will receive a 10% discount on the yarn purchased for the challenge.
2) There are two (2) categories in which you can enter your hat(s): Adult and Children
You are allowed to enter in both categories and you are also encouraged to submit more than one entry.
3) Designs MUST BE ORIGINAL!
4) Pattern must be written out in standard pattern form. Please include what yarn was used, how much was used, recommended needle size, gauge requirement, and please include detailed explanations for special stitches. It is important that the pattern is easily understood so that the hat can be recreated.
5) Hats will be judged by your peers- meaning the other lovely people who come into Woolworks because they too are addicted to yarny goodness!
6) There will be two (2) winners, one in each category. Winners will be judged on technical ability, appearance, finish work, fiber choice, and the more original the concept is, the better!
7) Winners will each recieve a $50.00 gift certificate to Woolworks. Also, the winning design will be featured at Woolworks for the month of November and the pattern will be available for purchase by our customers. All profits from the pattern for the month of November will go to the designer. After that, the pattern becomes the property of Woolworks, to distribute as we choose.
8) The winners will have the opportunity to teach a class using their hat pattern. They will recieve 15% of sales for their class.
9) Hats are due in our shop by October 1st, 2012.
10) All votes are due by October 15th, 2012 by 5:00pm. The winners will be announced here on our blog by midnight.
OK! That's it! Designers.........on your mark............get set.............GO!